Artistic Director – Common Ground Dance Company
The Artistic Director is responsible for the artistic management of the company and for developing and implementing its artistic output based on the mission statement of Common Ground Dance Company. The Artistic Director reports to the Common Ground Dance Company Board of Directors and to the Managing Director. The Artistic Director collaborates with the Managing Director and the Rehearsal Director to develop and implement performances, classes, and workshop programs in line with the company’s artistic rationale, expressing the vision, mission, and goals of the company.
The Artistic Director has the following duties:
- Teaches, develops, implements, and evaluates programs for the performance season.
- Supervises and evaluates artistic personnel including choreographers, dancers, costume designers, and stage managers, and others.
- With the managing director, develops annual program budget.
- Acts as a spokesperson for the organization’s artistic purpose via speaking engagements, public and social appearances, and, as requested, at fundraising events and solicitations.
- Fosters the development of good relations with other cultural organizations by participating in meetings and joint activities where appropriate.
- Reports to the Board of Directors on a regular basis to give an update on artistic activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
All applicants must submit application materials to: email@example.com. The application should include:
- A letter of application outlining your qualifications.
- A current resume.
- A short statement (one page) describing your teaching philosophy and choreography interests.
- A 5-10 minute video sample of repertory. Provide web link or mail DVD to:
Common Ground Dance Company
C/O Melinda Blomquist
7201 Rossville Blvd.
Baltimore MD 21237
Applications are due by May 30, 2014. The expected start date is July 1, 2014.
Questions about the position or program may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.